Cardinal Course Grants
Faculty are invited to apply for grants of up to $3,000 to support the development and implementation of Cardinal Courses.
Uses of Cardinal Course Grants
Grants may be used to fund:
- Community Engaged Learning Coordinator salaries
- Supplies and materials needed to produce class projects of direct benefit to a community partner
- Honoraria for community partners that serve as co-instructors or are otherwise critical to the quality of the course and student experience
For details, please review the Cardinal Course Grant Guidelines.
Faculty who are awarded grants must commit to surveying students and community partners on their experiences, submitting photos and excerpts from student assignments and/or community partner feedback, and completing a brief financial report at the course’s conclusion.
We recommend meeting with a member of the Community Engaged Learning and Research Team before submitting a grant application. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis leading up to each quarter.
- Autumn 2021 grants due: August 20, 2021
- Winter 2022 grants due: November 12, 2021
- Spring 2022 grants due: February 18, 2022
- Summer 2022 grants due: May 13, 2022
Cardinal Course Grants are provided through the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and the Haas Center for Public Service.