What is it?
What Do You StandFor? is a series of events and opportunities to get the Stanford community involved in public service and civic engagement during fall quarter. For students, it's an introduction to the service programs available at Stanford and an invitation to think about what's important to you and what you'd like to be involved in while you're here and after you graduate.
Want to join this campaign?
- Events: To have your event highlighted on this page, create an event on the Stanford Events website, choosing "Public Service/Government" in the Subject field. Let us know when it's been posted.
- Materials: We have materials for a values-themed reflection activity, and giveaways for your department or organization to use. Fill out the request form.
Check out the hundreds of student organizations at this year's Festifall, Stanford's annual student organization festival. More than 100 student groups offer service opportunities. Learn more and sign up!
White Plaza, October 3, 4:00-7:00pm
Learn more about Cardinal Courses—classes that integrate coursework with service experience. See the list of Cardinal Courses offered this fall.
- EARTHSYS 213: Hacking for Climate and Sustainability
Develop the skills required of a mission-driven entrepreneur and apply lean startup principles by tackling a critical problem facing climate and sustainability as part of a team of engineers, scientists, social scientists, MBAs, and law and policy experts. Attend an info session or team mixer this fall.
- LEAD 114: Athletes as Leaders: Embrace the Intersection of Identities In Athletics as Tools for Social Change
Varsity and club athletes: Gain leadership skills in coaching and public narrative to learn how to use your voice for positive social change.
- LIFE 101: Tools for a Meaningful Life
Develop the capacities necessary for a meaningful life, including presence, courage, compassion, resilience, imagination, and gratitude.
- SPANLANG 108SL: Advanced Spanish Service-Learning: Migration, Asylum & Human Rights at the Border
Develop advanced Spanish language proficiency through examination of issues surrounding current immigration and refugee crises. Hear from legal and mental health professionals, human rights specialists, migrants, and refugees.
- URBANST 190A: Public Service and Social Impact: Pathways to Purposeful Careers
Learn from leading professionals about careers in public service, and get coaching as you launch your job or internship search.
We Are Stanford: Welcome to Fall '23
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
12pm to 1:30pm PT
Cardinal Service Fair
Saturday, September 23, 2023
12pm to 2pm PT
Cardinal Quarter Opportunities Fair
Friday, November 10, 2023
12pm to 2pm PT