Frosh Service Liaisons
The Frosh Service Liaisons Program is a leadership development and outreach program for first-year Stanford undergraduates.
Liaisons meet weekly to learn about service opportunities, participate in leadership-building workshops, plan service events (you'll get support!), and engage in critical discussions about service. By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the four elements of Cardinal Service.
- Identify the Pathways of Public Service and Civic Engagement, as well as each Pathway’s strengths and limitations, and how the Pathways work together to advance social change.
- Use the framework of the Principles of Ethical and Effective Service to reflect on and develop service events in line with the Principles.
- Gain a deeper understanding of their leadership style and articulate their leadership strengths.
The time commitment is no more than 2 hours per week.
Why Be a Frosh Service Liaison?
As a Liaison you will have a variety of opportunities:
- Build your leadership skills and explore your service passions through bi-quarterly workshops.
- Grow in community with your fellow liaisons and other service leaders during weekly meetings.
- Learn about service resources and opportunities within and outside of the Haas Center.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from Haas Center staff members.
- Join an inspirational group of your peers!
Questions? Contact Outreach and Engagement Program Director Reza Rezvani for more information.