Frosh Service Liaisons
The Frosh Service Liaisons Program is a leadership development and outreach program for first-year Stanford undergraduates.
Liaisons meet weekly to learn about service opportunities, participate in leadership-building workshops, plan service events (you'll get support!), and engage in critical discussions about service. By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the four elements of Cardinal Service.
- Identify the Pathways of Public Service and Civic Engagement, as well as each Pathway’s strengths and limitations, and how the Pathways work together to advance social change.
- Use the framework of the Principles of Ethical and Effective Service to reflect on and develop service events in line with the Principles.
- Gain a deeper understanding of their leadership style and articulate their leadership strengths.
The time commitment is no more than 2 hours per week.
Why Be a Frosh Service Liaison?
As a Liaison you will have a variety of opportunities:
- Build your leadership skills and explore your service passions through bi-quarterly workshops.
- Grow in community with your fellow liaisons and other service leaders during weekly meetings.
- Learn about service resources and opportunities within and outside of the Haas Center.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from Haas Center staff members.
- Join an inspirational group of your peers!
Questions? Contact Outreach and Engagement Program Director Reza Rezvani for more information.
Check with the organization to see if they have remote opportunities available at this time. For alternative suggestions, contact an advisor
Not sure where to start, or need help finding an organization to work with? Contact an advisor
The Haas Center offers all kinds of resources for Cardinal Commitment organizations. Learn more