EPASA Tutor-Mentors (Academic Year)
Interested in youth, education, equity, and leadership? Want to work with middle school students in the local community?
Join East Palo Alto Stanford Academy (EPASA) and become part of a longstanding legacy! Stanford students can be involved during the school year as EPASA coordinators, weekend tutor-mentors, enrichment activity facilitators, or apply to the EPASA Summer Fellowship to work with EPASA during the summer.
- Become actively involved in surrounding communities.
- Gain valuable insights into the larger social and policy issues affecting student performance in local schools.
- Develop valuable skills as a facilitator, coordinator, tutor, and mentor.
- If eligible, you may earn through Community Service Work-Study.
All EPASA participants must complete the following:
- Quarterly training, 1.5 hours
- Weekly written reflection
- Quarterly group reflection, 1 hour
EPASA school-year tutor-mentors commit to two hours of tutoring and mentoring per week, in addition to quarterly trainings and reflections. Tutor-mentors are highly encouraged to commit to EPASA for the full school year in order to develop quality relationships with their tutees.
To protect the bond that develops between students and their tutor-mentor, we strongly encourage a yearlong commitment to EPASA, especially if you're a matched tutor-mentor. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Apply to participate in EPASA as a tutor-mentor, meal prep coordinator, or enrichment activities facilitator.