DARE Doctoral Fellowship
DARE: Diversifying Academia, Recruiting Excellence
The DARE Doctoral Fellowship Program awards two-year fellowships to advanced Stanford doctoral students who want to investigate and prepare for academic careers and whose presence will help diversify the professoriate.
The DARE Program's objectives are to better prepare students from diverse backgrounds for academic careers and to have them, at the same time, enrich the educational experiences of others. Thus, the program expands the academic “pipeline” in two ways.
Stanford’s commitment to diversity is broadly conceived. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities
- First-generation college students
- Women in fields such as natural science and engineering
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender students
- Students with disabilities
- Others whose backgrounds and experiences would diversify the professoriate in their academic fields.